This project aims to develop:
- A Java library that allows Java applications to seemlessly interoperate with Microsoft Component Object Model.
- A Java tool that imports a COM type library and generates the Java definitions of that library.
The goal of the project is to provide a better integration of Java and COM.
- Takes advantages of Java5 features to improve usability.
- Binds directly to the vtable interface (not IDispatch) for improved performance and broeader support for more COM interfaces.
- Supports event callback
- Works on 32bit and 64bit JVM
Download the distribution from here. Source code is on GitHub
- Quick Introduction
- User's Guide --- the runtime semantics of com4j
- Distributing your applications that use com4j
- Using COM events with com4j
- Using tlbimp from Ant
- Using tlbimp from Maven
The project is in active development. Help wanted! Contact the project owner if you are interested.